General terms & conditions
When you book the holiday residence, you declare that you agree with the following conditions.
Please read them carefully.
These general terms and conditions apply to the 'Amatus' holiday residence, which is located at Oostvleterendorp 2, 8640 Vleteren.
Only these conditions can be deviated from when the owner has agreed in advance and in writing. The tenant can therefore in no case claim the application of his possible general terms and conditions.
1. Book and pay
1. You can book via the internet or by e-mail. These ways of booking are binding. With the recording of a booking order the general terms and conditions come into force.
The client of this booking is jointly and severally liable for the fulfillment of the booking steps and the rental conditions.
2. There are no booking costs associated with a booking that is handled directly with the owner.
3. Each booking is confirmed by the owner by means of a booking confirmation by e-mail.
4. Within 5 working days after receipt of the booking confirmation the payment of the rent + deposit must be made. When paying by credit card, the full amount of the reservation + the deposit will be charged.
5. In the event of overdue payment, the owner is entitled to cancel the booked period for the rental of the holiday home.
The cancellation conditions described below are valid.
1. Any cancellation must be communicated to the owner by e-mail.
2. Cancellation within 5 working days after the booking is free of charge, provided that the booking has not taken place within 30 days before the start of the rental period (see point 2.4).
3. In the event of cancellation up to 30 days before the start of the rental period, 33% of the rent will be charged.
4. In the event of cancellation within 30 days before the start of the rental period, the full rent will be retained.
5. The deposit will always be fully refunded in case of cancellation.
6. Non-payment of the rental price + guarantee within 5 working days after completion of the booking will be considered a cancellation.
In such a case the rental contract will be considered dissolved and the lessor will be allowed to re-let the holiday home to third parties.
7. If circumstances compel the owner to cancel the already rented property, this will immediately be notified to the tenant and the owner will immediately refund the amount already paid.
From the tenant
1. The rented holiday home must be occupied by the tenant, his co-tenants or his visitors with due care and care, with due regard for the peace and quiet of the surroundings.
2. The main tenant is liable for damage caused by him / her, by co-tenants, by any visitors, even if these are detected after his / her departure.
3. House rules present and / or provided at the holiday home are indissolubly part of the rental agreement and must be strictly complied with.
4. It is totally forbidden in the home:
- to smoke
- frying, fondling or grilling
- lighting candles: only tea lights in the holders provided for this purpose are allowed.
Smoke detectors have been installed and fire extinguishers have been installed on each floor.
5. The tenant must ensure that he does not cause noise nuisance to local residents. In the event of an infringement, all persons will be removed from the holiday home without prior notice - without refund of rent.
6. Nothing of furniture may be moved.
7. It is forbidden to use the holiday home to organize parties and / or drinks parties. In case of infringement, the rental period will be terminated without the lessee being entitled to the recovery of the remaining rent.
8. Pets are not allowed.
1. The tenant is requested to be insured for damage to third parties such as liability insurance (family insurance).
2. The tenant is advised to insure his legal liability (eg due to fire in the holiday home). Please check with your insurance agent.
Liability of the lessor
1. The owner or lessor can not accept liability for loss, theft, damage or injury, accident of any kind caused to the tenants of the holiday home, the games or garden provided.
2. The prices and costs stated on the booking confirmation apply.
3. The owner is not liable for damage caused by natural disasters, natural disasters, nuclear disasters, attacks, strikes, violent acts and coming into contact with an aircraft or parts thereof.
4. It may happen that you work in the vicinity of your holiday home. For example, we think of road works or construction activities. We are not responsible for any inconvenience caused thereby.
5. The owner is not always present on site. In the confirmation email of your booking you will receive the phone number of the owner and / or possibly his representative. If necessary, one of these / these number (s) can always be contacted.
Belgian law applies to all booking agreements and subsequent agreements. All disputes relating to this agreement will be settled by the competent court in Ypres.
4. Permitted number of persons
In the house description on the website, the owner mentions the maximum number of people that can stay in the holiday home. This number (including any sleeping guests), in this case 10, may not be exceeded under any circumstances.
In case of overrun, the rental agreement is considered to have been dissolved by operation of law and access to the holiday home is refused without any claim for restitution of the rent.
If at any later time, without the knowledge of the landlord, additional persons come to stay in the holiday home, immediately a claim of 25% of the rent per extra person will be made, which will, if necessary, be deducted from the deposit.
5. Prohibition of sublease and transfer
Sublease and transfer of the rent is not allowed.
6. Arrival and departure
1. Please strictly respect the arrival and departure hours. We think it is important that everyone can arrive and stay in a neat holiday home. Therefore, there must be enough time for a good cleaning between the departure of the previous guests and arrival of the new guests.
2. Arrival time: check in is possible from 4:30 pm to 8 pm, the day of arrival.
If your arrival time deviates from this, we ask you to notify us in time by telephone.
3. Departure time: every day until 10:15 am; on Sundays untill 04:30 pm.
If you wish to make an exception to this, you can contact the owner.
7. End of stay & cleaning
1. The rented holiday home and the garden must be left tidy after the stay.
This involves: cleaning up, putting everything back in its place, emptying trash cans, sorting waste and bringing glass, putting clean dishes in the cupboard, leaving broom clean behind.
2. Please close the doors and doors to close the heating.
3. When the house is put into use, all linen is provided and the beds are made and ready to sleep.
At the end of the rent, you are asked to remove the bedding from the beds (please do not remove the mattress and pillow protectors).
We ask you not to wash the linen yourself. They go to the laundry to use them in an impeccable state.
All linen can be left in the laundry corner, on the lower floor of the house.
If the house and / or garden is in such a state that one does not get by with the preconceived cleaning hours, if waste is not sorted and / or the glass was not taken away, then the owner has the right to withhold the costs for extra cleaning hours on the guarantee.
8. Complaints and guarantee
1. Any complaint regarding. the accommodation, the cleanliness, the inventory or any existing damage can be reported to the owner up to 24 hours after arrival.
In the absence of any complaint within the aforementioned period, the tenant is deemed to have acknowledged the good condition, accuracy of the inventory and the general cleanliness of the dwelling; including the lack of visible damage or defects to furniture, plumbing, household appliances.
Complaints that are formulated by the tenant after the end of the rental period are inadmissible.
2. The holiday home has valuables and the guarantee serves to compensate for any accidents or damage.
3. The control of the home is done when brushing.
It is therefore when brushing that one can determine damage, loss or breakage.
4. If everything is left in good order and no damage or breakage has been detected, the deposit will be returned at the latest one week after your stay.
If the damage exceeds the amount of the guarantee, the tenant is obliged to pay an additional payment.
Even if the house and / or garden is in such a state that one does not get around with the preconceived cleaning hours, the owner has the right to deduct the costs for additional cleaning hours from the deposit.
5. It is advisable to spontaneously report accidents to the owner. If something breaks, it is advisable to keep the broken pieces aside for the owner or his representative. This way it can determine which broken piece is involved and prevents discussions and misunderstandings.
6. The owner always reserves the right to terminate the contract and to remove the tenants from the holiday home if a tenant or co-tenant has caused serious damage to the holiday home. In this case the owner can not be held liable to repay part of the rent for the remaining rental period.
Tel. +32 475 37 65 13
BTW BE 0682 618 692
Toerisme Vlaanderen - Visit Flanders
Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussel
Tel. +32 2 504 04 00