General terms & conditions
General terms & conditions holiday home Amatus.
These general terms and conditions apply to the 'Amatus' holiday home, which is located at Oostvleterendorp 2, 8640 Vleteren.
When you book the holiday home, you agree with the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
These conditions can only be deviated from when the owner has agreed in advance and in writing.
The tenant can therefore in no case claim the application of his possible general terms and conditions.
1. Book and pay
1. You can make a reservation request via the internet or by e-mail.
2. A reservation is only final after payment of the rent + deposit.
You will receive a "Mollie" payment link from the owner. If payment is not made within 14 days after receipt of the payment link, the reservation request will expire.
3. Each final reservation will be confirmed by the owner by e-mail, with which you will also receive the rental agreement.
The rental agreement is signed and returned to the woner by the tenant as soon as possible and at the latest at the time of check-in.
Any cancellation must be communicated to the owner by e-mail.
a. Without ‘force majeure’
1. Cancellation within 5 working days after booking: free of charge unless the booking has been made within 30 days before the start of the rental period (cf. *)
2. Cancellation up to 30 days before the rental period: 33% of the costs will be charged.
3. Cancellation within 30 days before the rental period (*) or no-show: 100% of the costs will be charged.
4. The deposit will always be fully refunded in case of cancellation.
b. In case of ‘force majeure’
If your stay is cancelled due to force majeure, the above cancellation conditions will not be valid.
Force majeure includes, but is not limited to: (danger of) war, uprising, strikes, failures in the energy circuit or traffic, government measures, scarcity of raw materials, natural disasters, extraordinary weather conditions or any other circumstance that full or partial fulfillment of the agreement cannot be required of the owner in reasonableness and fairness.
In the event of force majeure that prevents the provision of the holiday home to the tenant, the tenant is not entitled to any compensation or refund of the rent. The tenant will receive a voucher worth the rent. This voucher serves as a credit for a future reservation. The voucher must be used within a period of 18 months.
The deposit will always be fully refunded and must be paid back to the owner’s account no later than 2 weeks before the actual period of stay.
From the tenant
1. The rented holiday home must be occupied by the tenant, his co-tenants or his visitors with due care and carefulness.
2. The main tenant is liable for damage caused by him / her, by co-tenants, by any visitors, even if these are detected after his / her departure.
3. House rules present and / or provided at the holiday home are indissolubly part of the rental agreement and must be strictly complied with.
4. It is totally forbidden in the home:
- to smoke
- to use frying-, fondue- or grilling-machinery etc…
- to use lighting candles: only tea lights in the holders provided for this purpose are allowed.
Smoke detectors and fire extinguishers have been installed on each floor.
5. The tenant must ensure that he does not cause noise nuisance to local residents. In the event of an infringement, all persons will be removed from the holiday home without prior notice - without refund of rent.
6. Nothing of furniture may be moved.
7. It is forbidden to use the holiday home to organize parties and / or drinks parties. In case of infringement, the rental period will be terminated without the lessee being entitled to the recovery of the remaining rent.
8. Pets are not allowed.
9. Youth groupes under the age of 25 are not allowed in the holiday home.
1. The tenant is requested to be insured for damage to third parties such as liability insurance (family insurance).
2. The tenant is advised to insure his legal liability (eg due to fire in the holiday home). Please check with your insurance agent.
Liability of the owner
1. The owner can not accept liability for loss, theft, damage or injury, accident of any kind caused to the tenants of the holiday home, the games or garden provided.
2. The prices and costs stated on the booking confirmation apply.
3. The owner is not liable for damage caused by natural disasters, nuclear disasters, attacks, strikes, violent acts and coming into contact with an aircraft or parts thereof etc….
4. It may happen that there is ‘work’ in the vicinity of your holiday home. For example, we think of road works or construction activities. We are not responsible for any inconvenience caused thereby.
5. The owner is not always present on site. In the confirmation email of your booking you will receive the phone number of the owner and / or possibly his representative. If necessary, one of these number(s) can always be contacted.
Belgian law applies to all booking agreements and subsequent agreements. All disputes relating to this agreement will be settled by the competent court.
4. Permitted number of persons
The maximum number of persons allowed to stay in the holiday home is 10. This number may not be exceeded under any circumstances.
In case of overrun, the rental agreement is considered to have been dissolved by operation of law and access to the holiday home is refused without any claim for restitution of the rent.
If at any later time, without the knowledge of the owner, additional persons come to stay in the holiday home, immediately a claim of 25% of the rent per extra person will be made, which will, if necessary, be deducted from the deposit.
5. Prohibition of sublease and transfer
Sublease and transfer of the rent is not allowed.
6. Arrival and departure
1. Please strictly respect the arrival and departure hours. We think it is important that everyone can arrive and stay in a neat holiday home. Therefore, there must be enough time for a good cleaning between the departure of the previous guests and arrival of the new guests.
2. Arrival time: check in is possible from 4:30 pm to 8 pm, the day of arrival.
If your arrival time deviates from this, we ask you to notify us in time by telephone.
3. Departure time: every day until 10:15 am; on Sun – and holidays untill 04:30 pm.
If you wish to make an exception to this, you can contact the owner.
7. End of stay & cleaning
1. The rented holiday home and the garden must be left tidy after the stay.
This involves: cleaning up, putting everything back in its place, emptying trash cans, sorting waste, putting clean dishes in the cupboard, leaving broom clean behind, when used: clean the oven and/or the bbq.
2. Please close the doors and windows and lower the temperature of the heating.
3. When the house is put into use, all linen is provided and the beds are ready to sleep.
At the end of the rent, you are asked to remove the bedding from the beds (please do not remove the mattress- and pillow protectors).
We ask you not to wash the linen yourself. They go to the laundry to use them in an impeccable state.
All linen (bed, bath, kitchen) can be left in the laundry corner, on the lower floor of the house.
If the house and / or garden is in such a state that one does not get by with the preconceived cleaning hours, if waste is not sorted, then the owner has the right to withhold the costs for extra cleaning hours on the guarantee.
8. Complaints and guarantee
1. Any complaint regarding. the accommodation, the cleanliness, the inventory or any existing damage can be reported to the owner up to 24 hours after arrival.
In the absence of any complaint within the aforementioned period, the tenant is deemed to have acknowledged the good condition, accuracy of the inventory and the general cleanliness of the dwelling; including the lack of visible damage or defects to furniture, plumbing, household appliances.
Complaints that are formulated by the tenant after the end of the rental period are inadmissible.
2. The holiday home has valuables and the guarantee serves to compensate for any accidents or damage.
3. The control of the home is done when brushing.
It is therefore when brushing that one can determine damage, loss or breakage.
4. If everything is left in good order and no damage or breakage has been detected, the deposit will be returned at the latest one week after your stay.
If the damage exceeds the amount of the guarantee, the tenant is obliged to pay an additional payment.
Even if the house and / or garden is in such a state that one does not get around with the preconceived cleaning hours, the owner has the right to deduct the costs for additional cleaning hours from the deposit.
5. It is advisable to spontaneously report accidents to the owner. If something breaks, it is advisable to keep the broken pieces aside for the owner or his representative. This way it can determine which broken piece is involved and prevents discussions and misunderstandings.
6. The owner always reserves the right to terminate the contract and to remove the tenants from the holiday home if a tenant or co-tenant has caused serious damage to the holiday home. In this case the owner can not be held liable to repay part of the rent for the remaining rental period.
Tel. +32 475 37 65 13
BTW BE 0682 618 692
Toerisme Vlaanderen - Visit Flanders
Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussel
Tel. +32 2 504 04 00